Last updated: May 20, 2016
Information about customers gathered by Italisan.com
We collect information to deliver the products and services you request and to help improve your shopping experience. We collect information from you in a variety of ways when you interact with our stores, websites, and mobile services.
We collect two types of information: (1) information we receive from you and (2) information we receive from others. Information we receive from you includes information you share with us, such as when you create an account on one of our websites. This also includes information you provide us through technology, such as through a cookie placed on your computer when you visit our websites. We also receive information from other sources to help us supplement our records, improve the personalization of our service to you, and detect fraud. Our goal is to limit the information we collect to the information needed to support our business.
Information We Receive From You
The information we receive from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your experience. Here are the types of information we gather:
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but this may limit the features you are able to take advantage of. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, improving our stores, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many websites, we use “cookies,” and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser accesses italisan.com or advertisements and other content served by or on behalf of italisan.com on other websites.
- Email Communications: To help us make emails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open email from italisan.com, if your computer supports such capabilities. We also compare our customer list to lists received from other companies, in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers. If you do not want to receive email or other mail from us, please adjust your Customer Settings.
Cookies are unique identifiers that we transfer to your device to enable our systems to recognize your device and to provide specific features such as personalized advertisements and storage of items in your Shopping Cart between visits.
Sharing of Information
We do not sell any of your information to any party and we share them only as specified below.
We use your personal information to provide you products and services, such as to fulfill your requests for products or to help us personalize our offerings to you. We also use your personal information to support our business functions, such as fraud prevention, marketing, and legal functions.
To do this, we combine personal and non-personal information, collected online and offline, including information from third party sources.
We share personal information about you with service providers that help with our business activities, including shipping vendors, billing and refund vendors, payment card processors, and companies that help us improve our products and services. We require our service providers to keep your personal information secure. We do not allow our service providers to use or share your personal information for any purpose other than providing services on our behalf. Your personal information may be stored and processed by our service providers.
Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
Security of the Information about You
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
Access to your information
Italisan.com gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with Italisan.com for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information.
You can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of specific italisan.com features.
You can add or update certain information. When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
Italisan.com and Children
Italisan.com is directed at adults. We sell children’s products for purchase by adults and do not target children. Persons under 18 should use Italisan.com only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to visit italisan.com, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages, resolution of disputes, and choice of law.
How Will I Know if this Policy Changes?